Friday, April 9, 2010

Upcoming CDs

Next week my first album will be recorded, mixed, mastered and printed. It is a solo piano improvisation album recorded by Matt Sykes at the Australian National University on a 12ft Steinway. It will be mastered at Studios 301 by Oscar Ganoa and pressed by Mad CDs. I’m doing as much as I can to ensure that it all works out smoothly. There is always a bit left up to chance though. It’s hard to know how I will feel on the day of the recording and how the timing of the mastering and everything fits into place. I’m pretty sure it will be sweet though.

I’m also taking steps to release the double drummer quartet gig that was recorded live at The Front Cafe in Canberra with Alex Masso. If it all goes to plan 100 copies of that album will be available within the next month or two. I also plan to tour that album with the basic trio of Shanghai, Feda and me and then have a different drummer for each town that we visit. There are a number of venues and drummers that I have in mind. I recon about a 5 day tour in June would be something to look out for.

Laters blog world...

No comments:

Post a Comment