Hey there blog world!
Tits been a while. I've got excuses like I don't have a computer or the internet but I really don't feel like I have to make esxcuses for why I haven't been blogging.
Anyways here is the update:
Music is happening for me at a slow but steady rate. I've recently changed to drums in Circus Band and got Callum to play guitar. I've written new songs that we should get up and running soon enough. One of the tunes is pretty long and complex and crazy like. It should be really good when it's done. It's truly in the Circus Band style in that it has all these different colors and feelings and really pushes the boundaries of what we as a collective group can improvise and play.
A lot of my time recently has been spent doing Graffiti pieces around Canberra. I've admired the Graffiti of Canberra for three years now and I've finally taken the plunge. Writers such as Shame, Moek, Cinik, Pier, Dias and Pheen have really inspired my works. I should also send a big thank you out to the Midian Underground team for getting me started. I kind of feel that I should start a whole new blog just for graph but I guess for now I can stretch the Music one to include Creative arty thingy things as well. It's actually really amazing how similar Graffiti and Creative Music is. Infacet they are both exactly the same.
Here are some things that Graffiti and Creative Music have in common:
1. They cost money and give no money in return
2. They both take a lot of practice and patience and discipline to master
3. They are both for an exclusive audience that must have an understanding of the craft to participate in the performances.
4. They are both done without regard to self fame or promotion. I guess I'm not really wording that right. In other words, it's about the art - no the artist. A lot of graffiti is even done entirely anonymously.
5. Originality is valued in both art forms.
6. Reference to the history of the craft is a common practice. Historical reference. Historical foundation. Understanding of the old shit in order to make new shit.
7. Both make you think they are the only thing and everything in the world when you participate in them (or is that just me?).
8. Both have their own lingo. Let me think about that....
Then again every form of field of branch of something has it's own lingo.
9. Both are for adrenaline junkies.
I guess that pretty much sums up my thoughts for the past few days. Sometime soon I'm going to post some pictures on here of my graph.